MTA for Sending Samples
When providing samples to NCRAD the “Master Agreement for Transfer of Materials to NCRAD” and related Appendix A must be completed prior to the transfer of any samples. The Master Material Transfer Agreement (MTA) agreement is between the Institutions and is not Investigator specific. Therefore, if you think your Institution may already have a Master MTA in place with NCRAD, please email us at email@example.com to check before initiating the process.
Steps to complete the Master Agreement
- Please forward this information along with a copy of the Master MTA to the office at your Institution responsible for review and official authorization of Material Transfer Agreements. A template email for you to send to your MTA office is available for download in the sidebar to the right. The terms of the Master Agreement and Appendix are not negotiable. We have hundreds of Investigators that we work with and require all Master Agreements to be completed under the same terms and conditions.
- When your MTA office has signed the Master MTA, please forward the partially executed agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NCRAD will complete the signature process and return a PDF copy of the fully executed Master MTA to the responsible parties.
Steps to complete the Appendix A
When a Provider Investigator wants to transfer Research Material from a particular study to NCRAD, they will complete an Appendix A. That will be the only Appendix A required for that Provider Investigator for that study. If the Provider Investigator would like to transfer samples from multiple studies, the Provider Investigator will need to complete an Appendix A document for each study.
- The first page of this agreement asks for the Provider Institution to be listed. This can be found on the Master Agreement. Please insert the Provider Institution exactly as it is listed in the Master Agreement.
- The Effective Date of the Master Agreement is the date of the last signature on the Master Agreement. Please insert the Effective Date within the first paragraph located in the body of the document where indicated.
- For item 3 of the Appendix A, please list the name of the protocol that you are transferring samples for and the contact information for the Principal Investigator. The Principal Investigator is the one who will need to sign this document. The Trustees of Indiana University do not require this document to be signed by your Institution. However, you should check with your Institution’s MTA office to determine whether your Institution requires review and Institutional signature on this Appendix A.
- When your Principal Investigator has signed the Appendix A, please forward the partially executed agreement to email@example.com.
- NCRAD will complete the signature process and return a PDF copy of the fully executed Appendix A to the responsible parties.